Wednesday 7 January 2009

Elephants on acid


I was lucky enough to go to Tokyo over Christmas and New Year and while on the flight I read this book - and found myself thinking of changing my direction with regards to my project. The book looked at lots of bizarre experiments and one was the power of suggestion using image, and I thought this would be a good concept to look at with regards to interaction - what could be suggested or removed from someone's recollection of a story via certain imagery and how it is seen and interacted with? It also come about after reflecting on a few of the lectures where it had been mentioned how in police interviews people will make up information when they can't remember details, not intentionally but just the way the brain works. So I intend to explore and do a little bit of problem solving with this one and see where that takes me too.

Also, while in Tokyo, there was an interactive Christmas display - whereby you put your hands on to the electronic pad and it picked up on your 'mood' and the lighting changes accordingly. Great interactive fun!

No comments: