Tuesday 4 November 2008

Poetics of space....


Started reading this book and really enjoying it. Asks questions about our visual and environmental experiences. Such as why when we imagine attic stairs we think of looking up at them, and cellar stairs as looking down them etc. Our research and methodologies lecture today also gave us food for thought. I like the idea of getting all this inner dialogue about my work out, and visually represent it. I've started keeping a reflective journal and also intend to keep a journal about everything I encounter in relation to my focus and body of work. I also want to be able to tie in this notion of personal space and my reflective teaching practice too, so will have a go at mind mapping some ideas to 'see' if the idea is actually there, and just needs teased out!

I also loved this BMW sculpture made out of lights at a recent exhibition. I appear to have a fascination with 'light' and motion. hmmmmm.

No comments: